The First NuVinci Drivetrain Made History in 2007.
NuVinci N360 Rewrote it.
It’s based on the original. But that’s where the similarities end. For starters, the NuVinci N360 drivetrain is considerably smaller and dramatically lighter… 17% smaller and over 30% lighter! Ratio range is wider, 360%, supporting among the lowest of low ratios and the most demanding of high ratios, with literally everything in between. Shifting is significantly smoother, even under high pedal force. Shift grip rotation is half that of its award-winning predecessor. The hub interface is now inboard the frame dropout for better protection and more elegant appearance. And a new sleek shifter and unique “inchworm and rider” display make it even more intuitive and easier to shift than ever. All making the N360 ideal for a wide range of bikes and cyclists…from casual, recreationall riders to the most demanding experts.
N360-equipped bicycles and e-Bikes offer riders a quiet, comfortable ride like no other. Adjusting ratio to the terrain and the individual’s riding style is as easy as adjusting the volume on a radio. It’s the perfect drivetrain for those looking for a smoother, simpler, more enjoyable ride, and for anyone ready to move beyond the complexities and limitations of conventional shifting.
Nothing Shifts Like NuVinci®
- Smooth, Seamless Shifting – no steps, no gaps, no hesitations, no missed gears, no dropped chains. Just smooth, continuous shifting as easy as adjusting the volume on a radio.
- Wide 360% Ratio Range – with an “infinite” number of ratios within its range, you’re always in the right ratio.
- Smooth Shifting Under Force – shift any time, in practically any condition, even under high pedal force.
- Quiet Operation – smooth, responsive, dependable and without noise
- Maintenance Free – no regular service or adjustments, N360 is maintenance free.
- Perfect for e-Bikes, too – easy, more active shifting means you’ll manage power better, increase range, extend battery life and reduce wear to motor and drivetrain components.
How it Works
The NuVinci N360 is neither a derailleur system nor an internally-geared drivetrain. Rather it offers an infinite amount of seamless, gear-free shifting within its ratio range and an easy-to-use interface. Unlike conventional “geared” drivetrains, the N360 continuously variable planetary drivetrain (CVP) uses a set of rotating and tilting balls positioned between the input component (coming from the chain) and the output component (going to the wheel) of the transmission. Tilting the balls by twisting the shifter on the handlebar changes their contact diameters and varies the speed ratio of the drivetrain resulting in a seamless and continuous transition to any ratio within its range. Any rider who can adjust the volume knob on a radio can easily and confidently shift a bicycle or e-Bike equipped with the N360 CVP.
See the NuVinci Technology demonstration video in the player above.
There is a new Quick Release accessory available for the award-winning NuVinci N360 drivetrain, making changing a flat tire even more hassle free. It provides a simple and convenient way to remove the N360 wheel, quickly and easily. This accessory upgrade was developed by working closely with designers at Axle Release and offering a configuration specific to the NuVinci N360 CVP. It is now available as an OEM option or as a separate aftermarket kit. The NuVinci N360 Quick Release can be ordered from QBP, or from Fallbrook direct, by contacting customer service or by e-mailing email@example.com.